Nonogaki Rpt – Nov 22 ’10
The initial mortgage of the new building is Y6,500,000 ($76,500 if a dollar is equal to Y84). Now it is coming down to $41,000. In December we will make a payment $10,000. In January we will make a payment another $10,000. It looks to me that we will complete the payment early in 2012.
It costs a fee Y3 per dollar at the bank counter when we exchange from dollar to Yen, but I have found a cheaper way to exchange dollars to YEN. I looked into every possible way and banks and stock exchange firms. Mizuho Bank offers a better deal. Suppose I want to deposit $10,000 on the dollar account. At the Mizuho, it costs only Y500 ($6). At other banks, it costs Y20,000 ($240).
After this procedure, I go to the ATM machine and get Yen equivalent to $10,000. At the Mizuho, it costs only Y0.6 per dollar. At other banks and firms, it costs Y1 per dollar and Y10,000 ($120).
At other banks and firms, if I want to exchange $10,000 to YEN it costs Y30,000 ($357). This is awful!!! The recent exchange rate has forced me to look into a better deal.
We need to actively reach out to people in the Japanese communities. We have the following plan for the year 2011 if the Lord willing.
- On 21 March, we will have a Bazaar and invite Japanese people.
- We will start a Japanese Bible study on Wednesday evening in April.
- On 20 August, we will have a violin concert. A son of Sis. Aoki will play the violin.
- On 23 September, we will have a seminar on “Raising Children.” The teacher will be Bro. Obata.
- Sometime in January, we will get two church signs (both sides at the same location) set up on one of the main roads near the church building.
Meantime, on 16-17 April I would like to visit my friend, Mr. Yamaguti who is in prison in Miyagi Prefecture. I will also visit Sendai Church of Christ in the prefecture and preach for the congregation.