Bible Text: Mark 4:35-41 | Preacher: Frank Bolling | Series: Bible Basics
Mark4:35-41 – (Angry waves rebuked, Jesus’ power over nature shown.)
– Natural disasters
– Sickness happens to good people
Miracle – “awesome”, “out of the ordinary”
World defined as- “nature disturbed by supernatural power, contrary to the normal observable pattern of the universe”
God broke into history and changed the natural occurrences through His son.
Sea calmed, demons obeyed Jesus, woman healed by touching Jesus’ hem, raised Jairo’s daughter from the dead,
Paul said, “if Jesus did not rise from death then we have no victory”
Gal 5 “Grow in the fruit of the Spirit”
Miracles in the early church:
– Sudden immediately happening
– 2Cor 12: Miracles would accompany the apostles.
– miracles are distributed unevenly throughout biblical history.
– Moses & the Exodus
The fact that miracles are defined as “ signs” is significant they are not constant as some would say, they are often to show a new revelation from God. During the time of Jesus he is bringing the New covenant.
They occur in turning points in the biblical record.
These things were written down so that we can believe
1. Authenticating Gods revelation and message
2. Witness of God working in Church history
3. Miracles now continue in the Word of God.
We pray “Thy will be done”